Participation of the Centre for International Cooperation and Development Studies at
SCOPE: Science of politics
International Interdisciplinary Conference of Political Research
An event organized by the Faculty of Political Science at the University of Bucharest (FSPUB), SCOPE: Science of politics - Interdisciplinary Conference of Political Research is an annual joint session of international workshops aimed at offering a space for academic exchanges on timely political research topics, as well as on the latest advancements within the discipline and the profession(s) of political science.
The Centre for International Cooperation and Development Studies (IDC) has been present through its members and institutionally at SCOPE since its first edition (2014).
2015 (2nd edition)
Bucharest, 8-9 May
The section aims to explore different representations of democracy, governance and identity shape the public space and impact the private sphere, and how such representations and their interaction construct a global social agenda. For this purpose and acknowledging that the distinction domestic politics / international politics has become increasingly artificial for both practical and theoretical goals, it proposes the following sub-sections that build on various traditions of political research, including bot not limited to comparative politics, political sociology, political history, international relations, international political economy, development studies, and peace studies:
- The 2010’s: A Bad Decade for Democracy? (organized in partnership with the Center for the Study of Democracy at the Faculty of Political, Administrative and Communication Sciences, Babeş-Bolyai University Cluj-Napoca)
- Public Interest, Representation and Accountability in Contemporary Politics
- e-Me: New Technologies and the Politics of Information
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Public Discourses on Democracy, Governance and Identity
- The Global Agenda on Peace and Development: Old Problems, New Trends (with a special workshop on the European Year of Development 2015)
Co-organized sections and other events
- SOCIAL MOVEMENTS: Workshop honouring the work of Professor Donatella DELLA PORTA [special pre-conference event, 7 May 2015]
- THE STATE OF THE DISCIPLINE: Special workshop co-sponsored by International Political Science Association (IPSA/AISP) - Research Committee 33 (The Study of Political Science as a Discipline) and the European Confederation of Political Science Associations (ECPSA)
- Methodological challenges and innovation in contemporary political research [co-organized with the other FSPUB research centres]
2014 (1st edition)Bucharest, 27-29 June
- Theoretical openings and boundaries in contemporary research on the European Union
- The construction and practice of international relations: Two foreign affairs?
- Subjective well-being and trust in comparative perspective
- Democratic backslidingand democratic progress: Chellenges and opportunities in Central and Eastern Europe (organized in partnership with the Center for the Study of Democracy at the Faculty of Political, Administrative and Communication Sciences, Babeş-Bolyai University Cluj-Napoca)